ABOUT BUSHY RUN BATTLEFIELD
Pennsylvania’s only recognized Native American Battlefield
Colonel Henry Bouquet and a force of approximately 400 British soldiers left Carlisle in July to relieve the besieged Fort Pitt and end a series of unchecked attacks against frontier outposts. The opening of western Pennsylvania to settlement was the result of a decisive victory over the Native Americans at the Battle of Bushy Run, August 5th and 6th, 1763. Highlights of the site include the interpretive exhibit, “The March to Bushy Run” at the site’s visitor center, as well as guided and self-guided tours, special events, and educational programs.
The Bushy Run Battlefield Heritage Society, Inc (BRBHS) was formed in 1980. It is a non-profit, volunteer organization committed to preserving and restoring Bushy Run Battlefield as a historical, educational, and recreational resource for the community.
BRBHS endeavors to generate support for Bushy Run Battlefield and assists in the development of historical and educational programs in accordance with the agreement between the Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission (PHMC) and BRBHS. This support is through acceptance of gifts, donations of time, money and/or materials, fundraising events, and operation and maintenance of a museum store. Learn more about BRBHS.