THE ANNIVERSARY REENACTMENT
Witness a clash of cultures as historical reenactors bring the Battle of Bushy Run to life! Each year, the BRBHS commemorates the Battle of Bushy Run on the first Saturday and Sunday in August with a large-scale, reenactment. Visitors will learn firsthand what caused Native American warriors and British soldiers to take up arms against each other during a two-day battle in August 1763 during Pontiac’s War. They will also discover what life was like on the frontier for European settlers and Native peoples alike in this historical reenactment.
In addition to the reenactments occurring on both Saturday and Sunday, events include morning historical demonstrations, eighteenth century military camps, a Native American village, a sutler trade area, live historical music, a children’s area, concession stand, and more!
260TH ANNIVERSARY OF THE BATTLE OF BUSHY RUN EVENT DETAILS:
Date: August 5-6, 2023
See the schedule below!
2023 REENACTOR/UNIT REGISTRATION DETAILS & REGULATIONS:
Thank you for your interest in participating in the 260th Anniversary of the Battle of Bushy Run. Please read all details, rules, and regulations below prior to filling out the registration form. If you have any questions, please contact our Museum Facilitator at firstname.lastname@example.org or (724) 527-5584 x 101.
General Registration Details & Regulations:
Check-In: Friday, August 4, 12:00 – 9:00 p.m. OR Saturday, August 5, 8:00 – 9:00 a.m.
Check-Out required by 6:00 p.m. on Monday, August 7, 2023
Bushy Run Battelfield 2023 Event Rules & Regulations (PDF)
PHMC Historic Arms Safety Manual (PDF)
- All reenactors must camp in their respective camps
- No facial hair is allowed for reenactors portraying Native Americans
- Participants’ dress and equipment will be reviewed piror to each event day to confirm eligibility to particpate in the battle reenactment
- If applicable, all participants must specify what trade they will be demonstrating or wares they will be making and/or displaying on the registration forms
- All participants under the age of 16 are required to have proper release forms from the Department of Labor in order to be paid
- Parents or guardians can include children under the age of 18 on their registration forms
- All battle participants must complete the following to particpate in this year’s event. Failure to do so may result in loss of battle privileges and/or stipend.
- CHECK IN UPON ARRIVAL ON FRIDAY, AUGUST 4 (BEFORE 9PM) OR SATURDAY MORNING (AFTER 8AM) AT GATE
- CHECK IN AND SUBMIT FIREARM FOR SAFETY CHECK PRIOR TO BOTH BATTLE REENACTMENTS ON BOTH DAYS
- A WAIVER MUST BE SIGNED AT THE FRONT GATE UPON YOUR ARRIVAL AT THE EVENT; NO EXCEPTIONS WILL BE MADE
- If the policies and requirements set out are found to be agreeable, please complete the registration form at the bottom of this page and submit to BRBHS no later than July 21, 2023.
Event Participant Registration Details & Regulations:
- A completed registration form is required for all participants over the age of 18 (see below).
- All participants must certify that they have no criminal or child abuse record on their registration form.
- All participants must provide a copy of their Certificate of Insurance.
- All participants will need to be juried prior to their registration being accepted. (Please send the following to email@example.com for the jury committee to review):
- Photos in kit
- Brief description of what you intend to interpret
- All individuals must acknowledge on the registration form that they have read, understand, and will abide by all Bushy Run Battlefield Event Rules & Regulations. Click HERE for a copy of the 2023 Rules & Regulations.
- All individuals must acknowledge on the registration form that they have read, understand, and will abide by the PHMC Historic Arms Safety Manual. Click HERE for a copy of the manual.
- Only individuals who have been approved by the BRBHS are permitted to participate in this event
- Please send all photos and information for jurying to firstname.lastname@example.org for approval. The BRBHS will contact you to confirm approval.
Due to the unexpected difficulties in the background and clearance process that is being experienced by out of state applicants, BRBHS is no longer requiring the state provided criminal background check and child abuse certification. Instead, BRBHS will now only require the applicant to personally certify that they have no criminal background or any child abuse issues in their past.
Please note the following with regards to underage participants from the Pennsylvania Historical & Museum Commission Safety Manual for Historic Weapons Demonstrations (page 9):
“Minimum age of participants: Participants must be a minimum of 17 years of age to carry and use a weapon (functional or otherwise) in demonstrations or opposing force reenactment.”
See you at the battle!
PLEASE NOTE: You will need to be juried prior to your registration being accepted. Email your photo to email@example.com. We will contact you if you are approved.