Sunday, March 10, 2024 | 12:00pm – 4:00pm
Celebrate Pennsylvania’s 343rd Birthday with Free Admission to Bushy Run Battlefield.
Join the Bushy Run Battlefield Heritage Society for our Annual Charter Day Celebration! Pennsylvania was created when England’s King Charles II granted a charter to William Penn in 1681. Once each year, the Pennsylvania State Archives exhibits the original document to commemorate this momentous occasion. To help celebrate, Bushy Run Battlefield and other state-owned historical sites join in this celebration with their own Charter Day festivities.
The open house event free to the public. Our lineup includes something fun and educational for all ages.
– Free museum admission and battlefield tours.
– Meet reenactors portraying the earliest Pennsylvania settlers, British soldiers stationed in the colony, Native Americans who inhabited the region, and William Penn himself!
– Educators on Native American history and culture.
– Archaeologists showing off artifacts from Pennsylvania’s past.
– Children’s activities.
– Refreshments and information on local history opportunities!
BRBHS volunteer Henry Bowden portrays William Penn.